At this time, most women know that they will soon become mothers. The main reason for this suspicion is a delay in menstruation, which is already a few days to a week depending on the cycle.
Besides, a future mother may be concerned about other early signs of pregnancy. They are:
– sensitivity to odors;
– weakness and drowsiness;
– swelling and sensitivity of the breast;
– frequent mood changes;
– change of taste preferences;
– a belly is not yet enlarged, but on examination, you can notice an increase of a uterus’ size.
Your emotional state is now quite unstable due to your hormones changes.
– you always want to sleep;
– libido may increase sharply or also decrease sharply;
– in the morning, you may have nausea or even vomiting. Nausea may be caused by any strong smell, including the smell of cooking, the taste of once-favorite dishes, and even the thought of them. Fortunately, this period usually is not so long. You will forget about these troubles by 8-12 weeks;
– if you fill morning sickness, try to eat non-greasy cookies and mineral water every morning without getting out of bed. Still, water with lemon or tea with ginger help you to avoid nasty symptoms;
– you can temporarily forget about low-calorie diets, vegetarianism, raw food, or other dietary restrictions. Your baby needs proper nutrition for normal development. Your daily diet should include meat and dairy products, fish and seafood, a large number of vegetables and fruits, cereals, and legumes.
Many pregnant women begin to eat more salty or sweet food, if you are one of them — do not deny yourself this pleasure. Pregnant women have a very sharpened “food intuition” and your body insistently requires exactly what it needs now.
Don’t see your symptoms?
Wondering about a symptom you have? Find it on our pregnancy symptoms page.
How to beat morning sickness?
– try to drink more; still, water is preferable. You can add lemon for flavor;
– it is better to eat often, but in small portions;
– food should not be hot or cold; it’s would be better to eat dishes at room temperature;
– you don’t have to eat for two. The baby doesn’t need it yet.
– if you were actively engaged in sports before pregnancy, you will have to slightly revise your training schedule. This does not mean that you need to completely forget about sports. It is enough to give up part of the strength exercises and the load on the muscles of the press. Running or other light fitness exercises will have a positive effect on your well-being. In addition, there are special exercises for pregnant women that can significantly facilitate the upcoming birth.
Symptoms to watch out for
– at this time, it is necessary to clarify the localization of developing pregnancy and exclude ectopic pregnancy. So, you need to do an ultrasound;
– it is very important to protect yourself from various colds and viral diseases, so as not to provoke the appearance of possible pathologies and abnormalities of fetal development.
– your baby is 1.5–2.5 mm;
– all major systems and organs are started to form: the skeleton, the upper respiratory tract, the circulatory and cardiovascular systems begin to function;
– a heart begins to beat by in the middle of the week;
– the most important event of this week is the partial closure of the embryo’s neural tube, which will later form the spinal cord and brain of your baby, as well as its nervous system;
– spermatozoa or eggs (depending on the sex of the child), which carry heredity, appear at 5-6 weeks of pregnancy. They called gonoblastes.
Your Baby at Week 5
5 weeks pregnant bellies